The 'Forest School' is an eco-educational project run by BEAR SANCTUARY Domazhyr, which aims to teach schoolchildren to value nature and helps generate a sense of social responsibility.
At the Sanctuary, we have formed a natural eco-educational space where we educate visitors to care for nature and protect those animals on the IUCN Red List – brown bears in particular. The project has significant social significance for Ukraine and promotes the implementation of European standards in the field of biodiversity conservation.
We offer educators the opportunity to hold joint classes with our specialists, outside school and in the picturesque Roztochya Biosphere Reserve located some 30 minutes from the centre of Lviv.
The Forest School programme includes:
- interactive lessons in the fresh air in the forest class of your choice.
- an educational excursion around the bear forest enclosures together with our guides.
- a lecture on the bears and their biology by our experts.
- entertainment and games in the forest glade.
- exploring the flora and fauna of Roztochya, and learning about the Ukraine 'Red Book' (Red List).
We additionally offer classes for painting Yavoriv toys, and organize lessons on the traditional crafts of our region.
Working hours are from 10:00 to 13:30 and 14:00 to 17:30.
We also offer refreshments directly at the Sanctuary in the 'Honey and Berry' cafeteria. Here you can order hot lunches or enjoy a tasty break by trying our eco-friendly products. School groups can reserve tables in the cafeteria or outside in the summer houses.
Together let's form a nature-friendly generation!
Welcome to BEAR SANCTUARY Domazhyr!